« Home | you know what the greatest feeling is in the world... » | Let's review the last couple days of my life...12/... » | So yeah, I finally joined the cool club and got on... »



Today we're going to talk about stupid people and cars. Have you ever encountered that idiot in front of you who doesn't know what he's doing and holds everyone up? For example, let's say you're in teh drive thru lane at Wendy's. The guy in front of you can't figure out who's talking to him through teh little box and it takes him almost 10 minutes to order. Then after ordering he just sits there. At this point everyone including myself is honking. Finally the manager comes out to see what's up and tells him to pull up to the window. He doesn't get it. He pulls up to the food window without paying. So then has to back up to the pay window. Idiot. How is it possible that a human being living in america and who manages (i assume...) to pass his drivers test to get his license has never used a drive thru window before?? Grr...

And then it gets better... I go over to the Citgo in Annandale to get gas and a car wash. I figured, my uncle was nice enough to let me borrow his pimped out minivan, I can at least wash the crud off it and vacuum it out. So i get my reciept with teh code on it and there's 2 cars in line, so I get in line and wait my turn. Finally the guy in front of me pulls in. Yea!! It's almost my turn! Only its not. Cause the guy in the Benz in front of me doesn't speak english or READ enligh apparently. The directiosn are right there next to the pass code key pad... It's not liek you didn't have time to sit there and read them while you were waiting for the guy in front of you... He pulls in WAY too far. Practically out of the car wash altogether. Then he just sits there. Of course nothign happens. So he pulsl forward more. Despite teh fact that the orange light that says BACK-UP it blinking... But, oh yeah, he doesn't read english. SO finally he pulls forward enough so that his back tires trip the weight sensors teh the car wash gets going. Of course, he;s so far forward that the brushes don't ever touch his car on teh way back or forward. So then, after it's done, he realizes he fucked up and tries to back into the car wash. Only the wash cycle is over. So his car gets sprayed with water and then dried. No soap, no brushes. Then he just sits there like his car is goign to get washed again despite the fact that the green GO light is blinking. So I resume my honking. My uncle's horn really got a work out today... Finally the manage of the gas station comes out to talk to him. And it becomes very clear that he speaks no english whatsoever. So finally he understand that he totally messed it up and pulls his car out of the car wash so I can go. Except that he leaves his car parked 6 inches outside the car wash and goes inside to complain loudly in what sounds like mangled spanish. So i get finished and can't leave the damn car wash. Back to the trusty horn. Guy comes to move his car and gives me this "what the hell is wrong with you? Go around me!" look. I pull past him close enough to clip his side view mirror because he won't move his car any further. Idiot.

Today has not been a good day for being in line behind idiots in cars. I was going to run out to Giant to pick up some soda and chips for the party tonight, but now I'm terrified of who might be in front of me at the checkout counter. I want to go back to Atlanta where people are much less dumb.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker