« Home | Brian officially accepted the Harris job today, so... » | degree petition submitted yesterday. time to cros... » | It's official: naps cause seriously screwed up dr... » | On another painful note (that can't be remedied wi... » | my eyeballs hurt. i'm pretty sure this can be rem... » | The recent weather in Atlanta has been fantastic. ... » | Since Brian is almost definitely taking the Harris... » | In related news, I'll be in Fairfax for a couple d... » | Hooray!! My dad is back from Kabul safe and sound... » | Damn! I missed my chance to own the best car ever! »



So I'm sick. The sudden cold snap down here has got my head all congested and to be quite honest, if I could drill through my face to drain my sinuses, I would. I had to bail on Dave's Parsec show on Friday and Jason's jungle party, which is kind of a bummer, but I just watched the Cubbies game and went to bed at 11:30 instead. This seemed like a good plan since I our hoemcoming game against NC State was at noon today and the fesitivities started at 8 am.
After tossing and turning all night and not sleeping for more than 45 consecutive minutes, I felt like I wanted to die when I got up this morning. But I know that feeling well because i get sinus infections twice a year like clockwork. It's the kind of thing where I'd feel terrible all day regardless of whether I stayed in bed all day or got up and went to the game. So I opted to get up and go try to enjoy myself despite the jackhammer in my brain.
So we headed down to campus for the Wreck Parade and lunch at the Varsity. Then met up with Emily to watch NC State supposedly ream us. But for all the hype around Rivers, I was not at all impressed with his performance today, which speaks very highly of our defense, cause I've seen what he can do against teams like Wake and Ohio State. Needless to say, our defense was back in full form today and simply shut down NC State at every turn. Tech pulled out a great 29-21 win that should have been 33-13. But we looked good again. We need to be the underdogs in order to play well apparently.
Now I'm back at home and have been laying (and periodically drifting off to sleep) on the couch all afternoon watching more football and the Cubs game. I still feel awful, like I knew I would all day. So I'm glad I made myself go down to school because I had a lot of fun despite my illness. Stupid pseudoephedrine HCl makes me so dehydrated its like I can't drink water fast enough, and I'm sure that's not helping my headache. Sigh. But at least we beat NC State and I have no homework due Monday, so I can rest all day tomorrow and hopefully get over this nonsense before fall break next weekend.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker