« Home | All these old Star Trek movies on TV recently are ... » | I love this guy. He's like the riddler, but sligh... » | I wonder if I could write a book like this and the... » | I know they lost, but I'm still so proud of the te... » | Good luck to my Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets!!Good ... » | Thanks to everyone who normally doesn't care about... » | Also, this stuff rocks:It's got all sorts of fun i... » | In other Unearth news, this video has been playing... » | New material from the following bands makes me wan... » | Unfortunately, Pakistan's Friday Times doesn't all... »



So JVC has this bad-ass new speaker system using wood cones instead of the traditional paper or poly setup. In order to make them, birch wood is soaked in sake. Yes, sake. This apparently makes the wood malleable enough to form into a cone without cracking. Solid wood has vast advatages over pulp-based paper and acrylic polypropelene. It's internal damping gives the speaker a much smoother frequency reponse while remaining low in weight. These speakers aren't available yet in the US, but it's just as well because they're quite expensive. Though by all accounts I think worth the cost. Currently they're available overseas as part of an executive shelf system with a CD/DVD player.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker