« Home | When I went home for lunch, the internet was down ... » | From an instruction manual I'm reading:DO NOT OPER... » | Would everyone stop changing their diary/blog/jour... » | Take that everyone else but Arkansas: 2004 Presea... » | I am now well on my way to having a ton of ID badg... » | I think my apartment is ready for people to come v... » | So, let's recap teh last week or so shall we? We ... » | Yay for new jewelry! » | I am home once again after getting up at 5 am cent... » | The most satisfying thing in Kerry's speech last n... »



In other news, there was a very cool hail storm here today that knocked out power to teh building a coupel times. Sal says the hail was the size of ping-pong balls. I didn't get to see it since I'm tucked away in my 5-person bullpen-style shared office that shares walls with the men's bathoom, possibly an elevator shaft, and a well-travelled hallway. But I'm moving tomorrow into the closed lab, so that should be cool. I'm sharing an office just as big with only one other person, and he's even on my team! Anyway, the storm killed my Windows box a few times because the Dell workstation isn't plugged into the UPS that's 6 inches away from it for some reason. My UPS-protected linux box kept right on purring through the outage though. So under the cover of darkness during a power outage, I swapped the Dell over to the UPS as well. Now everyone's happy and I won't have to risk losing any work.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker