« Home | Are you sure today's not Thursday? Cause I really... » | Also, when did it become August? (yes yes yes, 11... » | DHL = sucktastic. They delivered my package to my... » | So I tried that new Crunch Wrap Supreme from Taco ... » | I like months where I get 3 paychecks, it's like s... » | Yay for free ice cream in the lobby! =) » | Well that's just awesome. It's 4 pm and they just... » | What in the hell did I do to my elbow? It's defin... » | There is something seriously wrong with my elbow..... » | This is the earliest I've gotten to work in weeks,... »



The NCAA has one again found a way to shoot itself in the foot. Instead of having a smal percentage of people nationwide mad, they're now going to upset those same people with their wishy-washy, vague, "hostile and abusive" policies and enrage 95% of students, parents, boosters, fans of every school in question, and probably 50% of those same peopel involved with college athletics. NCAA, if you're going to go through with this, go all the way. Take a stance and stick to it, don't do this "testing the waters" crap with creative and intentionally ambiguous laguange just so you can back out of it later when there's a huge backlash. In fact, let's even go one step further and ban all animal mascots since it's insensitive to animals, especially any live mascots who have to be carted around with the team (like Uga, Bevo, Renegade, etc). Then let's ban anything violent, threatening, dangerous, or sacreligious. Also, let's make it so those mascots are okay only at away games played on Tuesdays when there's an eclipse, but banned all other times. Say good bye to the following (which I came up with off the top of my head, so I know I'm missing some):

Blue Devils, Demon Deacons, Spiders, Warriors, Musketeers, Falcons, Tigers, Cougars, Panthers, Yellow Jackets, Hurricanes, Bulldogs, Bulldawgs ("deliberate" misspellings are sooo not-PC), Trojans, Longhorns, Volunteers (unless they change it from it's militaristic meaning), Wolverines, Hawkeyes (implying injuring an animal?!?), Gators, Seminoles, Sun Devils, Broncos, Cardinals (though harmless, they are an animal), Bears, Bruins, Red Raiders, Eagles, Caveliers, Thundering Herd, Crimson Tide (a tsunami of blood? if that's PC, then I'm changing my name to Jesus Muhammed Buddah), Ducks, Beavers, Utes, Badgers, Wolfpack, Nittany Lions, Golden Gophers, Scarlet Knights, Blue Demons, Red Hawks, Huskies, Rebels, Wildcats, Salukis, Illini, Jayhawks, Cowboys (they carry guns!), Golden Tornado, Bearcats, Tar Heels, Rams, Terrapins, Cyclones, Catamounts, Aztecs, Mountaineers (if he gets rid of his gun), Razorbacks, Spartans, and especially the Fighting Irish.

So who gets to stay? How about the Sooners, Buckeyes, Boilermakers, Aggies, Miners, Engineers (threatening though we are), Orange, Hoosiers, Cardinal (Stanford's stupid tree mascot), Hokies (since, according to VT, it's a made-up animal), Zips, and Big Red from Western Kentucky. I personally like my idea. Isn't everyone happier this way? NCAA = morons. Their ruling is going to get them sued and their ruling is going to get overturned or retracted so fast it's going to be awesome. I swear, just take a strong stance, on either side, and stick to it. This phase in/out thing that only applies at certain times is just plain stupid.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker