« Home | Have you ever wanted to slash someone's tires beca... » | Well nuts, I forgot my coffee mug at home. *sigh* » | The NCAA has one again found a way to shoot itself... » | Are you sure today's not Thursday? Cause I really... » | Also, when did it become August? (yes yes yes, 11... » | DHL = sucktastic. They delivered my package to my... » | So I tried that new Crunch Wrap Supreme from Taco ... » | I like months where I get 3 paychecks, it's like s... » | Yay for free ice cream in the lobby! =) » | Well that's just awesome. It's 4 pm and they just... »



So despite my insistence that RFK stadium sucks, we went to see the Nationals play on Saturday. The Huey company picnic was tailgating for the game, as food and tickets were free, so I gritted my teeth and hopped the Metro. On board for an hour each way, I noticed two things. One - who OK'ed this name: University of Maryland Univeristy College? I am not making this up. Why not call it the University of Maryland College Institute and get all your bases covered? It's a grammatical nightmare! Two - 50 Cent, despite Snoop Dogg's assertions, is no longer "hard as fuck," at least not in my book. Not when you appear in an ad for ultra high-end grape-flavored water, the ad for which shows him reading the Wall Street Journal. Don't get me wrong, from what I've read, "Fitty" is very business-savvy, I just think that it's hard to keep singing about how hard your life is and how you're "keeping it real" since you got shot when you're hawking grape-flavored vitamin water from Glaceau to 40 year old women in business suits on the DC Metro. *cough* target audience *cough cough* (related sidenote - why is Snoop hawking cars alongside Lee Iacocca now?) Anyway... We went to the "stadium," after some awesome BBQ, and it was as crappy as I remembered, possibly moreso, and man oh man did all those bad memories of HFStival and the TFC just come flooding back. The game started out good, but slowed to a snail's pace in teh 6th with teh worst relief pitcher the Nats could have found. They went on to lose by one run, apparently their trademark over the last 2 months. They started out so well too... I guess they're just getting tired. I really wanted someone else to win the division for once, the Braves have had their chance and keep blowing it in the postseason. Let somone else have a shot. Oh well. I think the most annoying thing about RFK is that it takes almost as long to get to as Camden Yards, and I'd rather to go Oriole Park anyday. Plus there's just a lot of other stuff to do in Baltimore around the stadium. The only other thing to do around RFK is get mugged. I can't wait until they build that new ballpark in an even worse section of SE. It's going to be awesome.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker