« Home | So despite my insistence that RFK stadium sucks, w... » | Have you ever wanted to slash someone's tires beca... » | Well nuts, I forgot my coffee mug at home. *sigh* » | The NCAA has one again found a way to shoot itself... » | Are you sure today's not Thursday? Cause I really... » | Also, when did it become August? (yes yes yes, 11... » | DHL = sucktastic. They delivered my package to my... » | So I tried that new Crunch Wrap Supreme from Taco ... » | I like months where I get 3 paychecks, it's like s... » | Yay for free ice cream in the lobby! =) »



******SPORTS-RELATED POST******
Since I've been thinking about college football, would someone please explain to me why GT is effectively ranked #29 in teh USA Today preseason football poll? What is that based on? Our dismantling of an over-rated Syracuse team in the Tangerine Bowl (which by the way we had no business being in in the first place and only went that route because UVA is retarded, and I might add that we were only barely bowl eligible in the first place). We had no convincing regular season wins last year. Yes, we hung with UGA most of the game, but they were weak and injured and we had just gotten PJ Daniels back. Reggie's not getting the coaching he needs to fine tune his game (unless someone else has been made the QB coach unbeknownst to me), and our offensive playbook has been severely lacking (a result of the same mediocre assistant that's not helping Ball get any better) the past couple years. Yes, Daniels is a beast when he's not injured. Yes, Calvin Johnson is incredible (even moreso when he's diving out of his way to catch Reggie's wayward passes...). Yes, our punting unit was finally starting to turn things around. Yes, Ace Eziemefe has had his moments backing up PJ. And of course, Jon Tenuta is the best thign to ever happen to our defensive squad. But overall the team is still only mediocre and we're lacking a lot of the senior leadership. We've lost a lot of key defensive players from last year (pretty much everyone except safeties Reis and Landry), and we're going to lose all of our experience at running back at the end of this year. All I ask for, as I've said before, is improvement. I have yet to see much in Gailey's reign as head coach. We have brief flashes of greatness that are all too often extinguished by stupid mental mistakes on the field (ie, not enough coaching) or poor play calling (ie, bad coaching). I said last year I'd give him one more year. After that, I'm calling for Gailey's resignation, or at the very least, a big shakeup in the ranks of his assistants (especially Mr. Patrick "I suck at coaching" Nix).
All that being said, I'm still looking forward to the upcoming football season, and to all the heartbreaks that come with it, and to sitting on my couch for 12 hours every Saturday watching 18-23 year olds beat the hell out of each other on my pretty new tv in high definition. Go Jackets!!
******SPORTS-RELATED POST******

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker