« Home | "Here comes the pain train! Woo woo!!" That's ri... » | To quote Bart Simpson, "I didn't think it was poss... » | In case you've missed the boat on this one, the va... » | Bad Omen #5 - The crew of Orange County Choppers d... » | Bad Omen #4 - the new Ford GT commericals. *drool... » | Bad Omen #3 - I just cut my finger on a box. Don'... » | As last, my love for Sabbath (before Ozzy left the... » | Bad Omen #2 - there's a new Indiana Jones game com... » | Bad Omen #1 - pouring myself a nice tasty bowl of ... » | To reiterate: McDonald's sucks. »



So today is the utterly pointless Groundhog Day. Apparently, a furry woodland creature (who leads a very sheltered life) saw his shadow today, in Pennsylvania, which supposedly means 6 more weeks of winter. Who came up with this logic? If the groundhog sees his shadow, it's because it's sunny, which means summer's coming. Meanwhile it's been cold and raining all day in Atlanta, so how sound is that decision... Weather patterns in PA and GA are barely related, and even more so when you consider the weather between Colorado and Maine. And who's to say that after this dumb groundhog, whose name I can't even pronounce, comes out of his hole (which is really a lodge nicer than most dog houses), he doesn't just turn right around and go back inside because it's COLD which means more winter, or because he's frightened by all the media's flash bulbs. I'm sure you could consult anyone who knows anything about animals and verify that very few animals are, in fact, afraid of their own shadows. Birds fall in love with mirror images of themselves... Stupid groundhog. I denounce this worthless day and the mediocre Bill Murray movie it produced. I further declare that winter will end in Atlanta after the first week in March just like it does every year. In the meantime, we will have warm weather in mid to late February before a short cold snap at the beginning of March. Why don't we have an Adam Gets Out Of Bed Day and if I get up and go on with my life then winter will be over in 2 weeks. If I roll over and go back to sleep it means 6 more weeks of winter. It seems just as arbitrary, plus, I'd get to be on the news and have everyone make a huge fuss over me one day a year. Sign me up.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker