« Home | Graduation pictures from my grandfather are here. ... » | Adam's Gripe of the Day (or Why Seeking Employment... » | I also rewarded myself with a trip to Best Buy whe... » | I feel like such a girl. I just spent $150 on sho... » | Pictures of my new living space are available here. » | Today's Hilarious Comment Taken Completely Out Of ... » | Hooray for internet! Apparently, this phoneline/u... » | Well, everything's out of my apartment except my f... » | Hooray!! The final audit for my degree has been c... » | As for internet at my uncle's house, because I'm 2... »



As penance for my excitement over shoe shopping I decided it was necessary to replace my serpentine belt today. For those that don't know, it's the rubber belt that drives all the accessories in your car, like the power steering pump, water pump, alternator, and air conditioner compressor, among other things (varies by car). Tommy and I did it once upon a time on a back road in Fairfax when my belt snapped after church one day. Well, actually, we said "to hell with it," went to see a movie, then called AAA, but managed to fix it ourselves with an ice scraper and a squeegee (I do not recommend doing it this way) before the AAA guy showed up. So I figured, if the two of us could do it with the wrong tools, I could do it myself with the proper tools. Naturally, it took longer than I expected, but it's all fixed. The only problem I really encountered was trying to see the idler pulley tension indicator because they put the indicator behind the power steering pulley where you need something like a dentist's mirror to see it. So I borrowed a makeup compact from my cousin. Problem solved. And I got quite dirty in the process. I feel like a man again. No more shoe excitement.
I'm Dirrty with 2 R's...

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker