« Home | Stupid gas prices. Yesterday QT was $1.64, which ... » | I'll be spending the night at my new place tonight... » | From Jenny's blog: On your current playlist, hit s... » | FOUR POINT OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got an A in A... » | Also, I thought I'd mention that I'm not really ve... » | I'm exhausted!! We picked up the truck at 9:30 th... » | I had the weirdest dream last night. Well, this m... » | Picture fest! Sorry if it takes forever to load..... » | CEF1243 (4:28:59 PM): well, it's your party and yo... » | oh my god it's early... on the plus side, i can w... »



As for internet at my uncle's house, because I'm 2 stories down from the router, wireless won't reach, and I have enough cable to get down there, but I don't want to run 200 feet of cable all over the house (well, I want to...), so I'm trying this thing that Bellsouth gave him. It plugs into the phone line and then has a USB adapter to the computer. So right off, I knew it would suck. It supposedly can operate up to 10Mbps, but I benchmarked it last night using DSL Reports and I was getting 1kbps down and 9 kbps up. Yeah. That's worse than a 2400 baud modem downstream. This must be remedied as soon as possible. I will shrivel up and die using something that archaic. I just might have to route some cat5 through a heating duct or something so I don't lose my mind.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker