« Home | Hooray! The internet works again! Looks like Cox... » | In other news, there was a very cool hail storm he... » | When I went home for lunch, the internet was down ... » | From an instruction manual I'm reading:DO NOT OPER... » | Would everyone stop changing their diary/blog/jour... » | Take that everyone else but Arkansas: 2004 Presea... » | I am now well on my way to having a ton of ID badg... » | I think my apartment is ready for people to come v... » | So, let's recap teh last week or so shall we? We ... » | Yay for new jewelry! »



The bane of working for a big company strikes again. I was supposed to move my office today up to the closed lab. So the IT guys came by around 11 to pick up my computer. But then they realized that I never got my security briefing, so they refused to move me into a classified area. Which is good. Because you shouldn't have unauthorized people in restricted areas. Except that I am, in fact, authorized to be there. I have my clearance and my supervisor had the lady in charge of ID badges program mine so I can come in and out of the lab by myself now. And I got the quick rundown on security stuff from my supervisor, so I know not to let other people into the lab or email Secret documents to the Russians. But, no briefing, no office move. The security briefing that our FSO scheduled for me was last Tuesday, when I was on vacation. Now, I know what you're thinking, it's my own fault for missing the briefing because I was on vacation. Wrong! I told them long before I started working that I would be out that week as well as told the FSO on my first day that I would be out that week because it would be helpful in waiting for my clearance to come through. So there. Apparently the FSO only comes into the office like once a week. She was here the Monday I started and Tuesday of last week. But she's been out all this week until tomorrow. Meanwhile I'm still stuck in my tiny office sitting on my hands. Our FSO can go to hell. What kind of security officer only shows up once a week?? Grrrr... So thanks to IT not being in the loop about my authorization and the FSO being a total flake, I'm stuck in my bullpen office probably until the end of next week when I might be able to get briefed (god forbid that the FSO be asked to brief just one person on a Friday instead of 3 people on a Wednesday). Worthless. But otherwise things are going well. The work I can do without having an office and my own computer in the lab area isn't the most engaging, but it's keeping me busy and I'm learning a lot in the process. Guess I just have to grin and bear it a little bit longer until little miss FSO gets her act together. But for now, it's lunch time!

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker