« Home | *drool* » | For your edification: License Plate Screws » | So much for a tux and sunglasses today. After fig... » | I'm confused about the screws that hold license pl... » | It's not even 11 am and I've already accomplished ... » | Things to do today: DMV Bank Post Office Tux Sungl... » | good lord, i just want to go back to sleep. it's ... » | There's something vaguely disturbing about leaving... » | Without further stalling, here's my own preseason ... » | »



I'm watching the women's track finals and I still get that cold chill down my spine that makes all my muscles feel like jelly when the starter says "take your marks" and then when that gun goes off, I swear to god my entire body suddenly turns to steel and I've nearly jumped off the couch 3 times already tonight. That gun firing makes my stomach clench up so tight too it feels like it's going to create a blackhole in my abdomen. It's amazing I never seriously injured myself running track what with all the fast-twitch muscles going berzerk whenever I would line up to start a race. I still get those feelings when I race someone today, even if it's just Ben or my dad at the beach for fun. I love it and hate it all at the same time, and I think any other sprinter will tell you the same thing. There's just something so clean and pure about an all out sprint when you get up on the balls of your feet and your arms start pistoning with perfect precision directly in front of your face. It's the greatest feeling in the world when you you're hitting it just right. I miss track meets.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker