« Home | I need to go visit Emily more often (well, duh...)... » | I am the biggest dork ever. Fortunately, my new l... » | Yay for flowers from Emily! » | Labor Day Weekend: A Synopsis Friday: I was the 2... » | On the plus side, it's only 19 days until Laura's ... » | I know I've said it before, but it's as true today... » | Back home, tired, going to bed, better update comi... » | I'm off to Atlanta for the weekend, barring any hu... » | I would just like to say that my new GameBoy is in... » | Hooray! According to the email I just got, my EB ... »



Ah, my favorite part about linux and my rapidly (but not rapidly enough apparently) improving programming skills: Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Yes yes, nothing like trying to allocate more memory that your computer has faster than your dual processors can handle the swap space. I'd like to make an array of 6200 records, each containing an array of 14 chars, 48 chars, and 61508 chars. By my calculations, that comes to 381734000 bytes, not counting the random integers thrown in here and there. Huh. I wonder why my linux box can't handle allocating about 373MB of memory...

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker