« Home | In Brian's own words: Snazzy! » | This afternoon felt like it was crawling by at a s... » | Hooray! They finally turned the heat on in our bu... » | Spurrier won't coach Gators - Duh... » | Apparently (according to my Simpsons calendar), ye... » | Boo for rainy cold days. I'm soaked even though I... » | I get paid every two weeks on Fridays. But my pay... » | So I'm going to the Seattle area on business next ... » | I almost pulled a Rob. Yesterday I came home and ... » | As it turns out, Optimus Prime never had a chance.... »



Clemson, why you gotta make me smack you? Despite GT's awesome win over NC State today, we're likely to get screwed out of a bowl game now thanks to Clemson beating Miami. With just Duke remaining on their ACC schedule, Clemson should finish 5-3. Meanwhile, UNC with Duke and Wake left will likely finish 5-3 as well, along with VT (assuming they lose to Miami and UVA). In any case, us no longer being tied with Clemson means that we're likely to get screwed over, even when we beat UConn next week to become bowl eligible, on getting a bowl game at all, or at least getting an ACC tie-in game. As it stands right now (via my own predictions), UVA will win the ACC, Miami will take the Gator Bowl, FSU will go to the Peach Bowl, VT will go to the Tangerine (to hell with Champs Sports, I'll never call it that). That leaves Clemson, UNC, and us for the Tire Bowl and the Smurf Turf Bowl. With our 4-4 ACC record (assuming UVA destroys us like they probably will), and coming off a crushing loss at Georgia to finish the season, why would either bowl select us over a 5-3 team? Especially when you consider how long it's been since UNC went to a bowl game, they're bound to bring a tons of fans to wherever the game is, even Boise. So once again, GT gets left out of the loop. Our only hope is that we can get some sympathy from some crappy bowl somewhere else where another conference (possibly the Big East) hasn't qualified enough teams to meet their bowl allocations. Stupid Clemson. I hate the Bowdens. Stupid Miami for letting Clemson beat you. Grrrr...

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker