« Home | Laser tag was fun, it would have been more fun if ... » | Well, so much for my plan (read the last paragraph... » | Adam's Theory of the Day:I like to think of being ... » | I finished the final tale of my Dark Tower books l... » | Emily and me after our tasty tasty dinner: » | Emily's Valentine's Day flowers: » | Does anyone want to go play laser tag on Friday ni... » | Weekend Recap (or How I Spent My Summer Vacation L... » | Well I'm back in Fairfax and back at work. :-/ I... » | Hooray! I think I fixed my blog while Emily was a... »



My test this morning went pretty well I think. There's a Metro stop across the street from the testing place, so I thought that would be easier than driving to Arlington and trying to guess at which meters I could park at on the weekends. Sadly, I nearly missed my test altogether thanks to Metro running slow as molasses. I allotted an hour from door to door and damned if it didn't take me the whole time. It's a 10 minute drive, a 15-20 metro ride, and a 1 minute walk. So I gave myself double the time I should have needed and left at just after 8, but still didn't arrive until 9:05. Grrr... Fortunately, they were just about to start, so I made it just in the nick of time. The test itself went pretty well. It was kinda fun actually. My brain hasn't been challenged that way in a long time, especially not under a time crunch. The first exam was 12 minutes for 50 various questions that I didn't finish. I could do every problem, but some were harder than others, so I skipped them and just ran out of time. The second test was 7 6-minute sections testing a wider array of things. But it was fun. I think I did well. The other people taking the test were about my age and all males. The proctor and her assistant (also female) were pretty nice though and so I hung out and talked to them about Mensa for a while after pizza showed up and everyone else had bolted.
Then I came home and debated how badly I really wanted to go to work. I finally did for a couple hours, and I got everything done I had planned. So now I'm an awesome employee because I came in on the weekend once. As long as I don't turn into Brian who gets pages to come in at all hours, everything should be fine. I was even able to open and close the lab all by myself without setting off the alarm system! Go me! Salvador was at the office too, but I never went downstairs to say hello because after I got my work done I just wanted to leave and forgot he was even there until I saw his car was gone from the parking lot. I hope he wasn't supporting another 24 hour longevity test or anything. Anyway, as a result of all this, I've only use 4 hours of vacation time so far this year instead of the 12 hours of work I actually missed on Monday and Tuesday. So now I'll have more leave available to spend time with Emily over Spring Break or over this summer or maybe even going to see my parents in Tel Aviv next winter. But the important thing is that I'm not going to back myself into a vacationless corner again.
Other than that, not much exciting. My legs are so so sore from laser tag still. I have to use my arms to sit down and stand up or else my legs will give out. Walking up stairs is difficult, but going back down them, or even down slight inclines is downright painful. I thought walking from the to the parking deck to the Metro station that I might just fall down. My calves are a little tight, but it's really my quads that are just thrashed. If I did that every week, I'd get ripped legs so fast. All that squatting behind barriers and walking all hunched over is great exercise when your muscles are carrying around 190 lbs. My legs haven't felt this sore since my track meets in high school. I suppose that's a good thing really. Now if I could just do that on a regular basis (along with all the other muscles I need to exercise, including my cardiovascular system), I'd be in all kinds of good shape. *shrug* Oh well.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker