« Home | Looks like now I have no excuse for not goign to o... » | What happened to October? I know I'm not the firs... » | Dear Delta, YOUSUCK.No wonder you had to file for ... » | *sniffle sniffle* Grrr... Stupid damp cool weath... » | , where f(x) is Adam's work output, x is Adam's sl... » | Zoey decided to start celebrating her birthday ear... » | About time, dirty-ass UVA... » | Since all the cool kids are doing it:You are a S... » | Stupid baseball... First it ruins my Sunday night... » | *****DISCLAIMER**********FOOTBALL RANT**********DI... »



Okay, quick weekend recap while I recover from my lunch at Arby's. Emily arrived, late, again, on Friday night via Delta. Her flight got cancelled and she had to be rebooked. To rehash an earlier post, Delta sucks. Though she did get home right on time on Tuesday this go 'round. Mostly we just played with the girls on Friday and then went to bed.
Saturday I made french toast (mmmmm) and we watched a few college games and listened to the GT@Duke game on 790thezone's internet broadcast. After some sloppiness and several Duke injuries in the first half, GT pulled it together. I'm still not that optimistic abotu the rest of the season, but we'll see what happens. Especially now that we close our season at UVA, at Miami, vs UGA. Yikes. Nothing like the threat of closing the season 0-3. On the flip side, winning either of the last 2 games would propel us into a huge bowl game victory again, just like the last 2 years. We'll see.
Saturday night we headed over to Steph's old neighborhood near Dupont Circle to meet up with Jennifer for dinner. We wandered aimlessly for a while and eventually happened upon a delicious mexican place that was all decked out for halloween.
Sunday we ran a couple errands including the pet store to get Zoey a birthday present. She and Sonja have completely devoured it already. So we'lll just save the other one for Sonja's birthday. Speaking on Sonja, she's turn into quick the little track star. I hear her running on the saucer almost every night now after I've gone to bed. Zoey still wants nothing to do with it of course. Then it was off to the mall to get Emily a dress for the GT homecoming semi-formal this weekend. She's going with one of her girlfriends, so I'm sure they'll have a good time, and she'll enjoy having someone else to dance with who won't care about how stupid they look/feel doing it. I feel like we did something else on Sunday, but I don't remember what. *shrug* We watched the back episodes of Commander in Chief and had the worst chinese food delivery experience ever. It took an hour to get there and they they forgot the sweet and sour sauce for the sweet and sour chicken. The delivery guy couldn't find the apartment and borrowed someone else's cell phone to call to find out where it was. I'm never ordering from them again.
Monday we got up "early" and went to the new Air and Space museum out near Dulles. I got up at 3 am when I remembered I needed to charge my camera batteries, and then what did I do? That's right, forgot my camera... =( No pictures of Adam drooling on the SR71. It's a pretty sweet collection of stuff out there, I just wish it didn't cost $12 to park for a free museum. I had free IMAX tickets through work, so we saw the video about the ISS that was a lot of fun. Most of it was shot by the astronauts/cosmonauts/etc on board. It's pretty amazing that anythign like that is even possible. It was also fun to look at some of the more radical flying machine designs and just say "how does that fly? it's impossible!" I saw Lockheed's JSF that Dave apparently wrote code for several years back (congrats, your work is already outdated and in a museum, sucker ;) ). The space shuttle is a lot bigger than I imagined too. But having the concorde, the Enola Gay, the space shuttle Enterprise, and the SR71 Blackbird all in one place, wow. Then add in a whole host of WWII - vietnam era fighter planes, a whole section of plane engines, an entire collection of US, german, and soviet rockets/missiles, then other space-related equipment (space suits, mercury, gemini, and apollo capsules, instrumentation, flight computers, satellites, etc), a ton of hang gliders, various early flight experiments, biplanes, and numerous experimental flight craft, and we were completely drained by the end of the day. But at $6 a piece to get in to a free museum, I felt like I had to try to take it all in at once becuase I'd probably never go back. After all that, we drove over to Arlington to have dinner with Laura and Greg, then back home to collapse.
Tuesday (which I also took off work) was very lazy. Then I had to take Emily back to the airport once again so she could head back to school. =( But the rest of the semester will go by quickly, and then it's on with our life! =)
So much for a quick update, but whatever. Like I was really going to make up a 16 hour deficit in 8 days anyway...

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker