« Home | I was going to stick this at the end of my post ab... » | Also, happy big scary b-day to Jenn out in SF! » | Congratulations Penn State! I'm not sure that any... » | Things just go from bad to worse with GT athletics... » | At least according to WebMD, I probably don't have... » | It is now pitch black outside and quite a lot of w... » | Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm sick now... I managed t... » | ********DISCLAIMER********FOOTBALL RANT********DIS... » | Mmm, trail mix. Breakfast of champions. » | Those lost are never truly gone so long as they li... »



With Miami's loss at the hands of the Yellow Jackets, and with USC n the ropes at home against Fresno State, things are looking rosier for the Nittany Lions. They're currently 4th in the BCS. Miami was 3, but will drop. Texas's remaining game and Big XII championship will likely push their computer rankings up (assuming they win). Penn State is currently ranked 3rd in the computer portion of the BCS and will definitely pass USC if the Trojans lose tonight. I find it difficult to believe that any other team could catch them. True, VT has a shot, but they need to beat UNC and FSU, which won't help them much with the computers. LSU would need to beat Arkansas and UGA which also won't give them much of a boost, but probably more than VT. Because of this, the votes would probably fall out evenly among those two, USC, and Penn State. Since USC would have lost near the end of the season, people will count it more against them, even though they lost to a hot team and LSU lost to a terrible not-even-bowl-elligible Tennesee team and VT got reamed by Miami. Whatever. In my (admitedly gross) estimations, a USC loss tonight means Penn State should be in the Rose Bowl. Here's hoping!

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker