« Home | Fight the power Mike, fight the power! » | I would like to thank Rev. Martin Luther King Jr, ... » | You should take note that Brian's blog (bmorris.bl... » | ROAD TRIP!!! I'm off to Orlando with Emily to see... » | How bummed am I? Stephen King's new Dark Tower bo... » | There was something else I meant to post as well, ... » | I've met Alison Berkley, not literally of course, ... » | You will note the new link on the LINKO!!! bar. Y... » | ~~WARNING~~~~WARNING~~~~WARNING~~Anyone who is unf... » | The good thing about lying in bed staring at the c... »



Today's topic is empathy. Good thing or bad thing? When someone you love feels down, it's your responsibility to help make them feel better. This is complicated by feeling bad yourself for no other reason than that someone you love feels bad. To look in their eyes and see pain is to feel pain in your own heart. The only way to make yourself feel better is to see the girl you love smiling again. So is empathy good or bad? I suppose you could make the argument either way. It's good because it's necessitates a close emotional bond to begin with which is a very comforting thing to have. Seeing them happy makes you happy which makes them happier and so forth. But having your emotions tied to someone else's can also be a bad thing when the emotions are negative, leading to a perpetual downward spiral. *sigh* I just wish there was something I could do or say to make your self-imposed suffering end and make you feel good about yourself again. Your diary made me cry and all I can offer you in return is: I love you.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker