« Home | This is the guy who bought my old 3DFX Voodoo3 200... » | Accomplishment of the day: Arranging a lease exte... » | Almost forgot - on the plus side, I got a free Tec... » | The Wake Forest game tonight was a heartbreaker. ... » | It's National Engineers Week this week, so, um, ya... » | AAAAAUUGHHHH!!! Christina Aguilera is hosting. T... » | Don't ask me why I'm watching SNL... I'm just tir... » | The first funny thing I've seen on SNL in years: ... » | Emily and I made sweet, sweet honey-covered baklav... » | Which 1990's Subculture Do You Belong To?I've been... »



So the rare occurance of snow in Atlanta caused quite a panic this morning. Pretty much every school in the city shut down. Except Georgia Tech. I spent the night at Emily's, so it's not like I needed to drive to school this morning or anything, but even if I had, the roads were basically clear. The thing about winter weather in Atlanta is that "snow" isn't quite the right word for it. It rained all day yesterday and around 3:30 AM it started sleeting. This promptly turned to hail for a minute. Then for about 10 minutes it actually snowed. Nice big wet flakes of snow that look really pretty, but generally don't stick well. Then it proceeded to sleet again for the rest of the night. There's frozen white precipitate on the ground in a lot of places still, although calling it snow is almost an insult to the glorious white stuff that I ski on. It's so watery because it never really gets cold enough for the snow to stick around and it's been raining all morning. I think it would be best to just call it slush. In any case, it was exciting to see actual snow for about 10 minutes around 4 AM, it's just too bad Atlanta is so warm or this really could have turned into a nice buildup of pretty white flakes. Oh well. That's what I get for living in the south.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker