« Home | I think the time may have finally come to dispose ... » | Since when did FCPS turn into a bunch of fascist, ... » | I fixed the previous post so the image shows up be... » | Jennifer Copeland still loves Georgia Tech athletics! » | I'm not sure there's any more comfortable feeling ... » | I really need some sort of way to climb into bed a... » | Yay Tech! :) At #3, we're the highest seeded tea... » | Georgia Tech is going to San Antonio for the Final... » | Yay Tech!!!! Yay Xavier! Yay Kansas! Boo Duke! ... » | Teams to root for tonight: Georgia Tech over Neva... »



I have to preface this entry by saying that I've grown up the son of a diplomat. As such, my natural inclination is always to play peacemaker. I'm not trying to take sides, I just want everyone to be happy again.
So I've been thinking about this little "feud" that seems to be going on between Emily and Michelle and Kayre. It seems to be "about" basketball, but I think there's really something deeper there. But that's between them, and I'm staying out of it. As for the trigger, I'm afraid it might have been me. I talked to Emily walking back from class last Monday and she had just decided she wasn't going to St. Louis. She seemed so bummed out about it that I wanted to post something to cheer her up. And she hadn't told Michelle and Kayre yet because she went home and took a nap. So they read my blog and were concerned about why she wasn't going and why she hadn't told them yet. Tempers flared on both sides and now it's gotten all out of control and they're barely speaking to each other. I feel so bad because they used to have so much fun together. And of course if I say anything to Michelle or Kayre, I'm "taking Emily's side." And asking Emily to swallow her pride and just make up isn't going to fly. I swear it's like being 15 again.
Since my blog is somehow an official source of information now, my advice is this: forgive, forget, and move on with your lives. You're too good friends to let something like this screw it up. I can't make you talk to each other and I can't remove anyone's stubbornness, that's something you have to do yourselves.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker