« Home | Think Hillary wants a crack at the White House as ... » | Happy B-Day to Fatty Arbuckle! My Simpsons calend... » | So I was watching the Congressional 9/11 Commissio... » | And speaking of months, um, there are 12 months in... » | And speaking of Michelle and Kayre, I've swapped o... » | And speaking of basketball, apparently Robert Broo... » | My Audio test went okay today. I was up until rou... » | Also, yay for Xavier! » | Not to be all NCAA Tourney fanatic or anything, bu... » | Good lord... Fox has hit a new low. »



Today was a good day. It started off with me waking up besides Emily. So automatically, that's a plus. The pollen count today was the highest yet this season, and I could feel it before I even got outside. I had a mild headache in the afternoon despite taking my Claritin, but I shudder to think what would have happened if I hadn't taken it. Anyway, my psych class was fine, and we did a review in my INTA class for our test on Tuesday. I need to get caught up on my reading for the test, but it's only 4 chapters this time instead of 6 like the last test. Then I came home and had a nice nap for a little bit until Emily called and woke me up to tell me she was done with her meeting and ready to go to the show.
The lineup has changed repeatedly over the last couple months since I found out about the show. First Darkest Hour cancelled and they added Moments in Grace (boo!) then My Chemical Romance cancelled and they added Vaux (yay!). Moments in Grace opened. They're okay I guess. I just can't get into them. They just sound too produced, even live. Very radio friendly, very smooth, kind of mellow. Vaux was up next and I was stoked for them because I haven't seen them since Warped 2002 and they always were such an energetic live act. Tonight was no exception and they rocked hard. I even like their CD more now than I've seen them live again. They're so talented and I'm proud (and a little wary) of the fact that they got picked up by Universal. But they'll go far I think. Poison the Well is always kind of disappointing to me live. I loved Opposite of December, but each record afterwards has gotten less hardcore and more rock. Their musical talent has increased and their songs are definitely more polished. But that's what happened with the Deftones, and I've never really liked anything after Adrenaline. Even the songs off PTW's old records tonight were kind of sluggish. *sigh* Oh well. Thrice, as always, was just awesome though. I have never seen them do a bad show. Their albums are great, but it's as a live act that they really shine (like Sick of it All). The breakdowns are heavier, the singing, though a little off-key sometimes, just sounds so human and full of life, the guitar solos are crazier, and they just play so tightly as a group. I'm excited that they didn't suck after signing to Island-Def Jam like emo-core counterparts Thursday (maybe Geoff needs another year-long bout of insomnia to write a good record?).
All in all a good show. Thrice was by far the highlight of the night, though Vaux was a close second. And the sound at the Masquerade wasn't even awful tonight like usual. In fact, the drums were especially crisp. Hooray! And now I'm eating my tasty Bagel Bites and drinking some Diet Coke with Lime (I know, I know, but it's actually good, and until Kroger makes it, I'm buying *shudder* the brand name product). I reek of cigarettes, but that's nothing a shower can't fix. Tomorrow's going to fly by and before I know it'll be time for our Sweet 16 game against Nevada! Go Jackets! Tim wants to go to a sports bar or something to watch the game (apparently Bobby Dodd is too social, but a sports bar isn't...), so maybe we'll hit up Jock & Jill's.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker