« Home | Independence Air: This is the new "budget" airlin... » | Laura's Wedding: I arrived on Friday afternoon an... » | Countdown until Emily arrives for Fall Break: 20 ... » | I'm back from Greenville (pronounced Greenvul). I... » | I am going bonkers here at work. I'm planning to ... » | In honor of Laura and Greg's wedding on Saturday (... » | Oh how I wish I lived in California sometimes: » | I played poker with some guys from work last night... » | I'm surprised they let me fly! Since I own some o... » | It's impossible to listen to Hatebreed and be tire... »



Greenville: I was thoroughly impressed with the downtown area. Along Main Street are all these little shops and everything is well taken care of. The sidewalks are wide and there are lots of benches and plazas full of wrought iron tables and chairs to sit at. It's very pedestrian friendly, relatively flat, and there's some really nicely designed buildings. Laura's rehearsal dinner was in an old brick shell of a building (probably a warehouse or a mill) right down on the river. Just a little ways down from that was a bridge over a dam, and a little past that was a small but relaxingly beautiful waterfall. There was a suspension bridge built in a horseshoe that you could walk around to see the whole thing and right next to it was a nice park. Emily and I saw lots of people walking their dogs, or having picnic, or playing catch with their kids. And back on Main Street, as I mentioned before, a high school student put together this Mice on Main project, inspired by Goodnight Moon. So Emily and I found most of the mice. The weather was nice and the whole downtown of Greenville was so vibrant. I really applaud the chamber of commerce for creating such an inviting atmosphere. I'd love to go back and find the two missing mice and just spend some more time there. I had no idea such a charming little area was tucked away inside politically ass-backwards South Carolina. I give the town a 9/10 on the Places to Enjoy a Long Weekend scale. There's a lot of stuff going on there, plays, concerts, etc, lots of fountains, tons of fun architecture. Anyway, I'd go back to Greenville in a heartbeat. I'll post my pictures shortly.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker