« Home | Addendum to teams I root against, from a few posts... » | I also saw my uncle Bobby this morning. I was dri... » | BitTorrent is my new best friend. I'm getting the... » | Donut + Fresca = Happiness » | And while I'm thinking about it:NCAA Div. I-A Men'... » | Since many people have been confused over why I've... » | Thanks to the magic of Extreme-DM's website tracke... » | I can feel a nap coming on already. Too bad I'm a... » | Caryn's camera took better pictures than mine did.... » | Playboy interviewed Buzz! »



I love my job! My supervisor just came by my office to see how I was doing and drop off an assignment for me. His boss left about the time I started, so he's been doing double duty and has been rather absent in my daily comings and goings at the office. But he keeps saying that he wants to spend more time working with me and get me some fun stuff to do. So today he came by to do just that. He brought a whole stack of reading material for me to go through. I know, ew, yuck, thousands of pages of reading, right? Oh no, my friends, it's all books and articles on acoustics and audio processing theory! I tried to contain my excitement when he started talking about how he wants me to read through them all and become our resident expert on audio basebanding, narrowband processing, and OTO summation. =) He didn't say it, but I know from some other things I've been working on that he wants to redo all the signal processing in our system next year, so I expect I'll be responsible for a significant portion of that, generating all the baseline data, and calculating all the theoretical values for our testing procedures. Hopefully my knowledge and coding skills will be up to par by then. It's days like today that I really feel like I picked the right specialty in the right major at the right school and have definitely picked the right job. Yay for work!

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker