« Home | Our internet server at work seems very flaky today... » | So much for the nice weather yesterday, today it's... » | I'm blaming my inevitable lethargy today on this. ... » | Why do I feel like today is Friday already? Not f... » | I'm temporarily gving up on my binary armband tatt... » | Only one more week until Emily comes to visit! =) » | Now that the Hive's College Football Pick'em on Ya... » | The bad weather last night was a blessing in disgu... » | Oooo! Ghostbusters is on! » | In other sleep/awake news, my mom is back in the s... »



Oh no!!! Dimebag Darrell (guitarist for Damageplan, formerly for the mighty Pantera) was killed last night at a show in Columbus, OH by a lunatic with a gun. The gunman killed at least 3 other people (and wounded others, including Darell's brother & longtime bandmate Vinnie Paul) before an officer killed the shooter as well. I have now upgraded my petty hatred of Ohio State University to hatred of everything in Columbus (except Brandon Elliot - even though he attends OSU). Heavy music lost an icon last night. And it wasn't to your stereotypical rocker deaths: drugs, alcohol, stupidity, STDs, bar brawl, feelings of invincibility, etc. At least not on his part. No no, it was to a psychopath with a handgun. His motive would only be speculation on my part, so I will refrain from posting my opinion on the subject. But have I ever mentioned before that I hate guns? Maybe not on my blog, but I'm sure I've made my views on the subject perfectly clear to many of my readers before. I guess I'm just not a very good American. More to the point however, the world lost one of the only good things to ever come from Texas in Darrell Abbott. He will certainly be missed (I would look for a Pantera-covers tribute album in his honor this time next year). My deepest sympathy to his family and friends and to those of the other concertgoers, bouncers, and staff who were killed or injured. I wish I had something nice to say about them too, but police haven't release their names yet and it's quite likely I didn't know them at all anyway.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker