« Home | Dear Leasing Office: 5:50 ≠ 6:00.When you say you... » | And I thought I was a big baby... CNN.com - Woman... » | Oh good, I no longer have to ask Sal to go yell at... » | I'm pretty sure I have chronic Insomnia. Symptoms... » | Yay for puzzles! » | New Over It tracks from the forthcoming album - go... » | This comes from the NY Post, so it's got maybe a 5... » | Hooray! It's snowing again! =) » | Finally!! New Family Guy episodes! On FOX! Star... » | Everytime I start feeling like I'm losing my mind ... »



For those interested in what happened to the USS San Francisco (you know, the submarine that hit the underground mountain on a "routine transit between Guam and Australia" but was in uncharted waters for some reason), here are some before and after pictures:
USS San Francisco in dry dock a few years ago
USS San Francisco in dry dock after the accident
For that much damage (and slowing from 20+ knots to less than 5 on impact) it's amazing that only one person died and only 23 other crew members were treated for any kind of serious injuries. For reference, standard ship's compliment is 12 officers and 115 enlisted men. Ever been in an automobile accident at 30 mph without a seatbelt in a car filled with exposed pipes and lots of sharp jagged metal edges? Sounds like fun to me.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker