« Home | Dilemma: having taken an unintentional 3 hour nap... » | Guess what turned up today!! My keychain that I l... » | Mmmm, Chex Mix... Thanks Laura! » | Since I've been reading Tommy's blog, this song ca... » | Mmmm... apple sauce cake... Thanks Emily (and he... » | Oh my god, will this day never end? I feel like I... » | In more upbeat news, that new Fedex commercial wit... » | Emily left this morning :( And Valentine's Day is... » | What the hell happened to the Sooners? Now that U... » | I would also like to take this time to point out t... »



This post is brought to you by the letters F (for failure) and Y (for "why did I leave my apartment today?") and by the number 3. First off, USPS can go to hell. I went to the post office I normally go to, which is supposed to be open until 1:30 today to mail some packages for my my family. They were closed when I got there at 1:15, despite a clearly marked sign in the window that said 1:30. So I tried this other post office near Tommy's that I've never been to. USPS's website said they were open 'til on Saturdays. I arrive to find a sign saying they close at 2, and it is now 2:01. Well crap. So at website was wrong there. Okay okay, I'll go to merrifield since I know they're open late on the weekend. One hour of traffic later, I arrive to find a line of 30-40 people stretching out the door of the post office. *sigh* Even at tax time I've never seen it that busy. So 3 strikes on the mailing thing. Then I tried 3 different craft stores looking for more gimp. I found a poor selection at both Total Crafts and none at Michaels. 3 strikes there. I was expecting a UPS package today. Turns out the company that mailed it is retarded and didn't put my apartment number on the box. So my package is in limbo at a UPS sorting facility. Grrr... So, today I've used a quarter tank of gas, several hours of my time, and accomplished the grandiose task of buying a book of stamps from a vending machine. If only I could look forward to watching GT basketball tonight. But no no, it's on ESPN Full Court, so no viewing for me. It's not really worth $15. Oh well. Time to take down my xmas tree, hopefully I won't break anything doing that, but the way today is going, who knows what could happen. I should just sit on teh couch and play video games all night to prevent anythign else from going wrong (my Gamecube will probably self-destruct). Stupid outside and USPS, ruining my day.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker