« Home | It's time for an SAT prep question! Basketball Co... » | Like most things Hollywood, even the funny things ... » | "I sure as hell am not staying at work until 6:30 ... » | Nothing makes me happier than still being at work ... » | Wow, when did it become almost 5:00? Today has ju... » | In other news, work is finally slowing down a bit.... » | I'm reasonably certain that the AP poll voters are... » | It's eerie how much the band formation looks like ... » | I was looking forward to the Boise State @ UGA gam... » | Kristin rocks! =) »



********More football commentator rant********
I'm sick of the football commentators talking about the BCS picture and the national title hopes of teams. It's the second week of the season!! Are you insane?? Ohio State losing to Texas (which made me happy, by the way) doesn't disqualify OSU from playing in the Rose Bowl. Michigan losing to *shudder* Notre Dame doesn't mean Michigan has no shot at a national title. It means they lost. That's it. This early in the season, a game like this means less than at teh end of the season. People will look back at these games and blame a loss on early season jitters when December rolls around. I'm just happy I got to watch some hard fought games today and some late comebacks and exciting football. Shut the hell up about the national title picture. Playing a tough team early in the season is a good way to immediately figure out what needs work in the program, much more so than playing creampuff I-AA (and even div II) schools. For example, I think opening our season at Auburn last week gave the team a lot of things to work on that seemed to pay off today against UNC. Much much more so than when we opened against Furman last year. Let's just get over this "everything is so crucial" kick and get back to telling me who's playing well this week and who got upset and so forth. The words BCS and National Title and Rose Bowl should not be uttered again until after Haloween

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker