« Home | I dunno what happened to my previous post about Br... » | A ha! So, I've been trying to figure out on thsi ... » | And since I'd like to think that I can take spirit... » | I want to be cool too. Click there and tell me wh... » | Valentine's Day was really nice. Apart from celeb... » | As expected, Emily got a job offer from RAND today... » | Tech's losing streak began and ended with NC State... » | I knew as soon as I started bashing meteorologists... » | Nice snow storm, liars. All I see is a lot of ver... » | In other sports new, GT is now on an 8 game losing... »



It was snowing when I woke up this morning. Big wet flakes. So I took my time getting ready and rolled into work around 10. Sure enough, plenty of other people were still MIA. As they rolled in, all I heard was bitch bitch bitch about how awful the traffic was. My manager reminded people that if they'd left earlier, they would have had no problem. Todd and I just sat in our respective offices trying not to laugh as we thought about how it took almost as long to brush off our cars as it did to drive to the office. One guy lives in MD and said he left at 8:15, but arrived around 10:15. I'm sure his drive was worse than average today, but I can't imagine that's ever an easy commute. Sucker. This is why I made a pact with myself that I would never have to take a major highway to work again. Sure, occasionally I get caught in traffic going to Lockheed or coming back from NSWC in the afternoons, but my average daily commute involves 3 stop lights and 3 turns, two of which are getting into or out of parking lots. I am very lucky to be able to live so close to work. In any case, all these people complaining about a little snow just make me laugh. They're big wet flakes, and the roads are perfectly clear around here, so there's not likely to be any accumulation on the roads, especially since the storm's mostly passed by at this point. I love how a little precipitation makes everything grind to a complete halt.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker