« Home | Things are beginning to shape up for the semester.... » | Various countdowns in progress: Orlando trip for ... » | Also I forgot to mention a few days ago, but my ca... » | Pet peeve of the night: People who pay with check... » | These "soft" TR classes are going to be a pain in ... » | Turns out I was right after all and now I owe Cary... » | Here's to another semester... All but 2 of my tex... » | Since my blog entries are now apparently sappy eno... » | Recap of the last few days:Tuesday: The drive dow... » | Brief update: Savannah is gorgeous, New Year's Ev... »



Main Entry: clean
Pronunciation: 'klEn
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English clene, from Old English cl[AE]ne; akin to Old High German kleini delicate, dainty
Date: before 12th century
1 a : free from dirt or pollution b : free from contamination or disease c : free or relatively free from radioactivity

My car just received a squeegee bath. I consider it a distant cousin of the sponge bath for hostpital patients. It doesn't really get you clean or make you feel refreshed, but you look somewhat more presentable to visitors. By no stretch of the imagination or any dictionary definition I found would I consider my car to actually be clean. However, I think it is fair to say that it is cleaner than it was an hour ago. The windows got windexed and the dash has been dusted and I tried to clean out some of the trash. So overall I think it looks a lot better, but I am fully aware that my car is still filthy and it will remain so until it is no longer my car.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker