« Home | It might be time for bed when: Your eyes feel lik... » | The French are nuts. You know how they're always ... » | Holy crap... This is what happens when Flash is u... » | Upcoming schedule of events: April 14 - Vented box... » | I neglected to mention yesterday that we went bowl... » | After spending my friday night doing school work a... » | An interesting theory in honor of Easter: God is ... » | So JVC has this bad-ass new speaker system using w... » | All these old Star Trek movies on TV recently are ... » | I love this guy. He's like the riddler, but sligh... »



Who's brilliant idea was it to destroy cars and light things on fire just because the sports team at your school won a big game? I know this is not a new phenomenon. I just wish I understood it. I understand the importance of celebrating, believe me. But how is destroying other people's property celebrating? I hope every single person in those pictures gets expelled and fined for the amount of damage they caused. It's one thing to tear down the goal posts at a football game. That's a time-honored tradition unoffically encouraged by almost every school. But looting, rioting, vandalism, and arson hardly fall into the same category. It's wrong for the same reason that throwing footballs at opposing chearleaders' heads is wrong. Sure, it might seem funny when you're drunk or if you're just an asshole, but how would you feel if you were one carted off to the hospital because a rowdy fan gave you a concussion? Or if you came out of your apartment the next morning to see the upside-down burned out husk of your car? Or got to your store only to find that all your windows were smashed and all your merchandise was gone? Why don't you put yourself in someone else's shoes for a change and think about the consequences before "celebrating" next time. If this is the kind of shit that's going to happen, I'm glad GT didn't win the national championship. I'd like to think that as a student body we're better than that, but I have my doubts sometimes.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker