« Home | This calls for a huzzah: In one day in Fairfax, I... » | Got up at 6 am this morning to go sit at Main Stre... » | My 4-word review of Fahrenheit 9/11: Fuck the Bus... » | Nothing says "I have no social life" like going to... » | The new Age of Ruin record: dude. Why are they s... » | Chrono Cross is as good as the last time I played ... » | Clue in today's crossword puzzle: Olds of old Ans... » | I'll be in Fairfax the night of June 26 - July 5 (... » | Who got gas for $1.67 today? That's right. Me! ... » | According to the June issue of IEEE Spectrum, Fair... »



Just finished Song of Susannah. 15 days after I bought it. I didn't mean to finish it tonight, but I couldn't stop reading. The Dark Tower series has pulled in things from so many of King's other books that as a Constant Reader, I'm so engrossed by the one-ness of his writing that I can't make myself close the cover. As I told Emily in an email earlier today, when I was reading last night suddenly I had this "a-ha!" moment (my exact barely uttered words were "oh shit...") where all of a sudden all the various references fell into place. It was when Eddie asked Stephen King (yes, the author is a character in his own novel, a rather important, yet periphery, one at that) who Gloria y Inez Bachman was and he laughed and replied that it was Richard Bachman's (King's pseudonym) equally imaginary wife, only her name was lacking the y. The y of course was added to the author's name on Charlie the Choo-Choo to make 19 a name of nineteen characters. When I read that she was Richard Bachman's wife everything suddenly clicked, like someone turned on a lightswtich, and it was like suddenly I was seeing the world for the first time and everything was so clear. It was sort of a bizarre experience. I'm so entranced by the Dark Tower story that I'm even having scarily vivid dreams about it. Now I just have to wait until September for the 7th and final volume, afterwhich King claims that he plans to retire. I would too after having finally finished a 3000+ page story I started 30 years ago.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker