« Home | Blog-worthy animation from JibJab.com via Brian. » | Apartment news: I put a deposit down today. I kn... » | So apparently General Dynamics has an offer letter... » | When did bookshelf systems get so ugly? Philips F... » | So I'm back in Fairfax again, barely, no thanks to... » | Mmmmm... It's so nice to have Emily back within a... » | I'm off to Savannah to see my baby! :DHit the cel... » | From a few minutes ago:emilytsav: so you're really... » | Today's Trivia Question: What do Moses, Superman,... » | In accordance with established policy, tomorrow, J... »



For all the times I'm embarrassed or saddened to call myself an American, going to the ball park on a nice summer day is one of the few occasions that I'm genuinely happy about being an American citizen. There's just something about baseball that's so uniquely American and so great. The way the field looks, the grounds crew, the rain tarp, the vendors price-gouging but you don't care and pay it anyway, the camaraderie with your fellow fans who you've never met before and will never see again. You don't get the same thing from football, hockey, or basketball, even on a college level. Baseball is unique, and it's awesome. After The O's lost to KC (despite a desperate but ultimately inadequate comeback in the 8th and 9th), we went to see some family friends out near Great Falls on the Virginia side. They had a small pool that was perfect for cooling off after baking in the sun at the afternoon game. Then when the temperature dropped in the evening, the hot tub was the place to be. All in all a great day :)

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker