« Home | Stupid unexplained power outages. It's a beautifu... » | Vindication!!! At last! Northwestern is my new f... » | My thoughts on the Miami@GT debacle today: That f... » | Dammit Syracuse and Rutgers!! Just stop playing s... » | I'm not sure why my post about being fat showed up... » | I joined my uncle and his family at the Blue Iguan... » | In the Face of Evil: The conservative's answer to... » | I've have had such a good week at work. =) I lov... » | For the record, I'm fat now. Looking at myself in... » | I also wanted to post something about more than a ... »



Adam's Gripe o' the Day: Day laborer painters. Now, don't get me wrong, I like the fact that my apartment complex is being repainted, even though I don't think it's necessary. But it shows that the management is committed to keeping the place looking nice. These guys have been around for 3 weeks or so now, painting door trim and hand rails and stuff, and now they're moving on to painting the exterior window trim and stuff. This requires the use of very tall ladders to reach some of the 4th floor apartments. They show up at 8 am on the dot and leave at 6 pm on the dot every weekday. It's nice to see such punctuality, but at 8 am when I'm still trying to sleep, especially now that it's nice enough to sleep with my windows open, the last thing I want to hear at 8 am is ladders clanging against the side of my apartment and some rapid Spanish just outside my window. I suppose I'm the only one bothered by this since most of my neighbors are long gone by 8 am and don't return until 5:30 at 6 anyway. But for little old me working 5 minutes away, it's sort of annoying. Hopefully they'll finish my building today while Im at work and it won't be an issue tomorrow.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker