« Home | Less than 24 hours!!! =) » | The more things change, the more they stay the sam... » | You'll never guess who ran into Stacy Weller on Mo... » | Oh, it gets better! My office mate has had a stre... » | The guy I share my office with has been sick for t... » | According to RealAge.com, I'm actually 28.0 instea... » | The good part about sleeping with your windows ope... » | In other Emily news, she'll be here in just under ... » | I have a 30 gallon fish tank in my bathroom now, t... » | College football this weekend: I watched none of ... »



Talked to my parents on the phone yesterday for the first time since my mom left. Unfortunately, because of the tiem difference, there's no good tiem for us to talk. It's currently 6 hours ahead I think, and after we Fall Back, they'll be 7 hours ahead. But it means when I get off work, it's already 11:30 pm there, and they've gone to bed. And by the time I go to bed at midnight, it's only 6 am there. If I could drag myself out of bed in the mornings, I might be able to reach them at a reasonable time during the day over there. But what it all boils down to is that they have to call me while I'm at work. Now, I can't talk to them on my office phone, because it's in a classified area, and talking to a foreign country in a classified area is a big no-no, especially when it's not a secured line.
So I talked to them outside the building for about half an hour, so I had to work late yesterday to make up th etime, but whatever, it was good to talk to them. They wanted to know all about the debates and what I thought. My mom seemed appalled that I was considering voting for Nader (if only Virginia wasn't full of right wing nut-jobs, which prevented Nader from getting even the 10,000 signatures necessary to get his name on the ballot). I'm sorry. Kerry may be "the most liberal candidate ever" (I find this rather difficult to believe Mr. Bush...), but he's still a moderate conservative in the grand scheme of things, and many of his ideas and plans and beliefs are the polar opposite of my own. Consequently, my own views of what's best for our government match up more closely with those of Ralph Nader, and to a lesser extent, my Libertarian candidate Michael Badnarik. I just can't identify with John Kerry. Yes, he's the lesser of two evils compared to Bush, but some of his policies are still evil, and I don't know if I can bring myself to vote for him.
Anyway, sorry for that political rant, but the point was that it was nice to talk to my parents for a little while yesterday. They seem to be doing really well out there and are learning their way around and how to differentiate bleach from fabric softener by smell (since every thing is printed in Hebrew).

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker