« Home | Final post today, I swear... But in less than a w... » | My biggest problem with Kerry of course is that he... » | My own impression of tonight's debate was that Ker... » | Interesting thing I discovered today: In The Simp... » | Speaking of Friday, today is pay day! Woo. I'd b... » | There is no one here today... Quyen's out sick, D... » | Virginia looked a little slow coming out of the bl... » | I'm such a liar. So much for eating better and ex... » | I'm totally hooked on Avail right now. It's impos... » | Best/Worst Invention of All Time: The snooze button. »



College football this weekend: I watched none of it because I was busy with Chris and Tyne's wedding and Tommy and Steph's dinner party. But that's okay, it was only one of the best football weekends of the year... But seriously, I had a great time at Meyer's wedding and hanging out with Tommy and Steph is always a blast. I'm just bummed that they fed us so much at the reception that I wasn't even hungry at the dinner party. But Steph said I could come over and eat all the leftovers, whenever, so yay!! Okay, back to football.
First off, yay Tech!!! How is it we can suck it up so back at UNC, suck it up worse at home against Miami, and then go into Byrd Stadium and beat the pants off the Terps? I love that we won, and as soon as I BT the game, I'll have some more thoughts about why we actually won. Three guesses - solid defense, return of PJ Daniels, Reggie throwing the ball away instead of getting sacked 5 times for 20 yards loss each. On the flip side, UNC beat NC State yesterday, so maybe UNC is better this year. Who knows? Once again Tech is relegated to the role of spoiler. I wish we could have a great season, but I suppose as long as we ruin other people's seasons I'll still be reasonably happy.
Tennessee - you guys rock so hard. A week after getting humiliated by Auburn, you go to Athens and stomp all over the Dawgs, who just last week beat defending national co-champs LSU. Say goodbye to any national championship hopes UGA. LSU meanwhile went to the Swamp and eked out a win over Florida. The Gators should have won that game, but they just blew it.
Texas - what the hell? You guys are putting up nearly 50 points a game heading into Dallas, and get shut out by OU? This is why it's so hard to like you. I know Oklahoma's a fantastic team, but so it Texas, and there's no reason this game should have been such a crushing defeat. Texas even had good numbers, just no points. The OU defense remains probably the best in the land, but Texas had a potent offense that seems to have gone on vacation.
Nebraska - Oh. My. God. Texas Tech invites you over for a friendly game of pigskin. But you send pee-wee league players instead? 70-10, worst loss ever. You guys suck so hard. Hey, remember a few years ago when you guys won the national championship? What the hell happened?
Wisconsin - way to go visit Ohio State and show them what's up. Say goodbye to a BCS game Ohio State.
Michigan/Minnesota and USC/Cal - I wish I had watched these games. Maybe I can BT them too.
Unfortunately, all this great football this weekend lead to me only getting 3 point spread picks correct. Yikes. But they drop your lowest week in the rankings, so I should still be in the hunt for first place as long as I don't have another atrocious week.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker