« Home | To dust off an old classic: Georgia Tech Athletics... » | Once again, GT finds a way to blow a 10 point lead... » | I know the 4th quarter just started, and even if V... » | *phew* ESPN says we're underrated. Obviously the... » | Today's million dollar answer: compromise - work u... » | Today's million dollar question: do I work late t... » | Inspired by the fact that I use linux all the time... » | So I finally got together with Kimber last night. ... » | It feels like there's an elephant standing on my b... » | Man, I wish I was going to this show. But I'm def... »



Yesterday ended up not being such a good day. I mean, apart from me feeling awful all day. But GT gave away a football game, and unless we win 2 more games, we're not even bowl elligible. So we have to beat 2 out of NC State, UConn, Virginia, and UGA. So basically we have to beat NC State and UConn. After the way our team collapsed (as usual) at the end of the game last night, I think it's going to be very hard for us to pull ourselves together to finish out the season strong enough. But we'll see.
And then one of our tiger barbs died. :( I went in to feed them and I couldn't find all my fishies, but he finally turned up, upside down under the acropolis. The bigger of the 3 tiger barbs seemed to like to chase the other 2 around, and I thought they were just being playful, but maybe that's what killed this one. I've checked the water and the quality is okay, and I know he was eating because I always watch them for a few minutes to make sure all teh fish get food when I feed them. Poor fishy. So now I have 2 tiger barbs (and 8 blue neon tetras), which I've heard is a bad thing to do because they'll pair up and attack smaller fish, but I haven't seen them bother the tetras at all after the first 24 hours. I'm not a very good parent I guess. :-/
Which brings me to my next point - parents. I talked to Emily until like 2 am last night, which was nice. We haven't done that in forever. I just wish it had been a more upbeat conversation. The bulk of it revolved around her winter break plans that her parents are now vetoing. The plan had been for her to come up for a week or so after school let out on Dec 10, then go home for Christmas, and then come back up here for New Year's. But her parents don't want her coming up here twice, supposedly for financial reasons. I think money is just a convenient excuse, but I'm not sure for what exactly. So I'm going to offer to pay 100% for Emily to come up an extra time because it really is that important to me. If they balk at that, then it's clear it's not just money and there's something else going on, which I'd kind of like to know about. I'm 98% sure her parents like me. Maybe they just don't understand the scope of our relationship yet. I dunno. But it's not like she's missing the holidays or not going to be home for 2+ weeks anyway. *sigh*
Long distance relationships are hard enough, but then when parents get involved and make it so we can't see each other when we'd planned to, that makes keeping our relationship going really tough. To make this work, and that's something I'm 100% dedicated to, we need to see each other often enough to continue to grow together as a couple. Talking all the time is great, but without frequent face-to-face time together, we'll continue to grow, but separately, and I think that's why most long-distance relationships fail. Anyway, I'm committed to 'us' and to a long-term relationship and I know Emily is too. I know without a doubt that Emily is the girl I'm going to marry. So of course I don't want to defy her parents' wishes and be the stereotypical 'rebel boyfriend' (since my outward appearance fits that role already) and similarly, it's hard to defy your own parents when they still financially support you. But hopefully something will work out, because Emily has a month off for winter break (whereas I only have Dec 24 and 31 off, and then only because the 25 and Jan 1 are Saturdays this year, and 2.8 remaining days of leave, which I need to save in case I get sick(er) in the next 2 months, so I can't count on being able to use those days for vacation around Christmas), and I know we'll both be sitting around our respective houses being miserable if we can't see each other, and who does that help?

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker