« Home | Yay for presents! I got a nice sweater from my gr... » | I wish it was christmas eve every night. Coming h... » | Work is officially dead. The lab was locked down ... » | There is no one here today. It's me, Dave, and Ma... » | Cookie dough pop tarts rule so hard. Yes yes, the... » | I sent out my christmas letter yesterday. If you ... » | Apparently the phone interview I helped arrange fo... » | 2004 Tangerine BowlGeorgia Tech Yellow Jackets - 5... » | Emily's on teh way back to Savannah now. =( But ... » | I guess it's just as well that we decided not to g... »



Trying to plan things around my parents is quite annoying. I love them to death, but sometimes its very irritating schedule-wise. My dad is perpetually late. And I want to spend time with them, but they always want to do a million things and there just isn't time for it because everything always takes longer than they think it will. I would have been perfectlly happy to spend the afternoon at Bobby's and not go see a movie, but they wanted to do something just the four of us, which had to be in the afternoon because Kristin and Rich's party is at 7. So we agreed to go to Bobby's at 1 for lunch. Ben and I were there at 12:55. My parents show up at 2, we had just started having fun, and then we have to leave at 3 to make the 3:30 showing of The Life Aquatic (excellent movie by the way, if you're into the more existential humor of movies like The Royal Tennenbaums). Then I thought we were coming back to my apartment because my mom is spending the night here so she and Ben can go to the dentist in the morning. But I got home 40 minutes ago and no sign of them, so I have no clue what's going on anymore. And you know what? I give up. I'm just going to do my own thing, and if that interferes with their stuff, well, then maybe I should be kept a little bit more in the loop, which is nearly impossible when plans change every 15 seconds. It's just aggravating. *deep breath*
Okay, rant over. I really do love my family and want to see them, I just wish it was less complicated to do so, but when you live the lives my parents lead, nothing is ever simple. My mom has so sniff things (bleach, dish soap, etc) at the market in Tel Aviv to figure out what she's buying! So I guess I should be a little bit more tolerant of their whirlwind hecticness when they come back to visit, and I really do try to be accomodating, but sometimes it just really gets on my nerves. I suppose because I like to make plans far in advance and then stick to them. I hate last minute changes in plans and I hate rushing around in a tizzy trying to do a million things at once. *sigh*
Okay, time to regroup and then go to Kristin's engagement party. Maybe I'll actually get to talk to Rich for more then 5 words tonight.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker