« Home | Patrick Nix, Chan Gailey, your collective ass is m... » | Since when did we have nets behind the goalposts??... » | Also, for my mother's birthday, Ben and I both sen... » | So very sleepy... Too much work, not enough sleep... » | I feel like I've mentioned this before, but I'm to... » | See?! That's what I'm saying! (Read the comments) » | I know it's only 10:45 but I am sooo ready for a n... » | Is it possible for your back to have a heart attac... » | Less than 100 hours until Kristin and Rich's weddi... » | I don't care what anyone says, I still think Tecmo... »



All kinds of stuff to post about sicne last week. Emily arrived Thursday night (depsite Delta's weather delays) and was excited to see the girls again. Apparently, I'm spoiling them, but otherwise doing a good job taking care of our chinchillas. Friday I took off work and slept until noon. I knew I had been wearing myself pretty thin with work recently, so it was nice to have a day off and just sleep in. It was kind of a blah rainy day anyway. Emily and I walked to the mall in search of hair clips and got an inadvertent shower on the way home. I haven't gone walking in the rain in a long time, so it was kind of fun. Then it was shower time and getting pretty time for Kristin and Rich's wedding. I would not personally have chose rush hour on a Friday, but I think it worked out in the end, and I know I had a good time, and it looked to me like Mr. and Mrs. Wiley had a good time too. Kristin Wiley... That's going to take some getting used to. Unfortunately, it rained all evening and the underground parking at the reception hall was vastly inadequate, so we got a little damp. But the gluten-free dinner was good as was the wedding cake (we stole 2 extra pieces to take home!), and it was fun to have an "adult" conversation at dinner, about people's babies and jobs and so forth. Not the high school drama that alwasy used to come up the last time all those people were in a room together. Finally got to meet Bickley's husband, who seems really nice, so I'm happy for them. And I "met" Chris and Tyne's baby boy in person, he's absolutely adorable, and, for the short time I saw him, very well-behaved. All my friends' parents think Emily is just the best thing to ever happen to me (well duh!), which makes me happy that everyone I know sees what I see. =) Saturday was more rainyness, which made for a lazy day indeed. We ran a couple errands, and then just kind of vegged out and watched some college football (you'll note I neglected to mention the GT game on Thursday. I'm still quite annoyed over it). I'm so stoked for JoePa that PSU is kicking butt this year. After the UVA attrocity, I was happy BC won their game as well. Al Groh needs to issue an apology ASAP. He already lost a lot of my respect for not pulling Butler immediately after the replay was shown on the screen at the stadium. He claims not to have seen the video until 24 hours after the game. Bullshit. I'm just glad BC came back to win that one in convincing fashion. Then we headed over to Tysons for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Mmmm... That was Emily's lunch on Sunday and my dinner on Sunday as well. Not much happened on Sunday, just some putzing around, then taking Emily to the airport. Her flight was horribly delayed again (no wonder Delta filed for Chapter 11), but she made it home safe and sound. It's always hard to say goodbye, but way easier when I know it's only 5 days until she's back! =) Anyway, lunch is over, back to work now. I'm sure I missed a few things that I'll remember later to post.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker