« Home | From my Nov 11 - Dec 10 cell phone bill:Anytime Mi... » | I miss being in the south where no matter what you... » | Israel updates are coming, I promise. I'm probabl... » | Q: How awesome is this Lego harpsichord?A: Very ... » | Turn out al this Friday the 13th hocus pocus isn't... » | My long awaited NCAA College Football Division IA ... » | Mmmm, Jelly Belly's.... *drool* I don't know whe... » | Marcus Marcus Marcus... Further proof that being ... » | Nothing beats fighting jet lag and a cold simultan... » | So sleepy... I managed to stay at work until abou... »



Follow up post to this entry: After the power went out in our building, again, and didn't come back in 45 minutes, I decided to run out to the post office until the power came back. Of course, because of MLK Day, the PO was closed, but the lobby is open 24/7 for people to check their boxes. Their simple "put in cash get stamps" machine only had the new 39 cent stamps, so I sidled up to the super fancy machine terrified that it might devour my soul or some such thing. I mean really, it's very big and shiny and doesn't really have any buttons. And who knows what's really lurking behind that "touch screen." Besides, if that's not what one would expect a soul-eating machine to look like, I don't know what is. So after deciding to risk my fingers and touch the screen, I found out that I could not purchase the stamps I desired from this worthlessly futuristic pile of junk. You can get 39 cent stamps, express mail stamps, precise scale-calculated postage more than a $1.00 and some other option which wasn't 2 cent stamps. This made me rather furious. I think the whole USPS is part of a vast consipracy requiring you to waste 35 cents by using two 37 cent stamps simultaneously to mail a letter by making 2 cent stamps completely unavailable, even at their own locations. Safeway not having them I can understand, not agree with, but understand. But the post office not stocking their own machines with the necessary stamps?? Conspiracy. In the end I bought some new 39 cent stamps to mail my bills, then went home and threw my 37 cent stamps in the back of a drawer until such time as 2 cent stamps become easier to obtain than cold fusion. Damn you John E. Potter! You've won this round...

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker