« Home | So long pizza. Time to learn a new mnemonic for t... » | Oh, also, on my way to work this morning, I saw tw... » | So the pictures and videos aren't quite ready yet.... » | Happy 25th b-day to My Friend Tim (haha, you're "o... » | I have returned from my vacation and the wedding. ... » | "It's 105 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank ... » | I just found out one of the Navy on-site team at L... » | I had a pretty good weekend. Emily and I had dinn... » | Somehow I lost my water bill. I know I opened it ... » | I'm beginning to sound like a broken record here, ... »



I hope everyone else had a good weekend. I stayed up way too late on Thursday night making Emily a birthday cake. I think it turned out really well, and I didn't burn the kitchen down or poison anyone! I worked out again on Friday and ran a full mile and a half, not bad after basically taking a week off from running when I was at the beach. Then Friday I stayed up too late again working on my Chaos Rankings software (I'm almost done!).
Saturday I went to go check on the zoo over at Tommy and Steph's since they were out of town and feed all the critters. Then a short stop at Lowe's to find a piece of hardware I need that I couldn't get at Home Depot (what's up with that?). Then I finally saw the birthday girl and we were treated to ice cream sundaes courtesy of Post. We hung around the pool for a bit before getting ready to head out for dinner. I had planned to go to the Doubletree in Arlington since they have that restaurant that overlooks all of DC, but it's closed for renovations until 9/15, so we headed to Sequoia instead. And we didn't get lost at all on the way there. It was really easy to get in and out too, so I'm not sure what went wrong last time we drove over there. But we had a great view of the Potomac and the Kennedy Center as the sun went down and all the lights starting coming on. Emily indulged in a lobster and I had some yummy swordfish with garlic potatoes. Unfortunately, our server was rather sub-par, so she got a lousy tip, but the food was awesome yet again and despite feeling totally stuffed, we managed to eat some cake after we got home.
Sunday morning I made us a nice breakfast of bacon, eggs, our hershey's coffee, and cinnamon rolls. Mmmm... Off to Brick Fest! It was at the Sheraton Premiere neat Tysons this year, which is a nice hotel, but didn't really jibe with Brick Fest very well. Most of the displays were in one ballroom, so it seemed like it wasn't as well organized. And because everyone was all in one place, there wasn't very good flow. It seemed like there were a lot more people, but fewer creations. Hopefully next year it'll move back to GMU or someplace more appropriate for an event like this. I am always amazed however at what kinds of things people come up with though and how even with the same pieces, peopel are always finding new ways to put them together. Then we went to Tysons to find Emily a new jacket at LL Bean and do some gnir tnemegagne browsing. We looked at a few different stores and I think we've got a better idea of what looks right and which styles make sense. Then for kicks we looked at S'ynaffit as well where the only one that caught Emily's attention cost just a hair under $25K. Watch out Tim! The stones were certainly bigger than other ones we'd looked at, but also of significantly lower quality. Nice to know how much having that T&Co name on a box costs. After walking past a Cinnabon stand at the mall, I suddenly became quite hungry, so we headed home and stopped at Macaroni Grill for dinner. After playing with the girls and clenaing their cage, it was definitely time for bed. I certainly had a good 3rd anniversary and I think Emily had a good birthday as well. It's hard to believe sometimes that it's been 3 years, but I know I'm very much looking forward to the next 3, and the 3 after that, and so on to infinity. =)

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker