« Home | On my "day off" last week, I had a 2-hour telecon ... » | My new phone is, as the kids say, "teh awesome!!!"... » | I read an article on CNN today about how, despite ... » | Kellogg's might just have come up with the worst m... » | Why you have to root for the Celtics: After winni... » | I officially took over as lead of my project yeste... » | Great. That's exactly what the Jacket's need, ano... » | Busy week - I haven't even had a chance to talk ab... » | Owie! Tetnus booster shots are no fun... My left... » | Are you a recent college graduate with a degree in... »



My endoscopy last week went fine. I don't remember a thing about the actual procedure (thank you anesthesia!). I had a mild sore throat for a couple days, but generally felt fine within a couple hours. Good news is that there's nothing wrong with me. Bad news is that there definitely has been something wrong with me. So the upside is that they didn't find anything serious like ulcers, polyps, cancer, hernias, etc, so there's no real cause for alarm. Unfortunately, it means that I'm most likely just going to have to carry around antacids the rest of my life. My next step is to talk to my doctor about any long-term implications of taking a daily PPI.
Friday morning I finally assembled my dad's new grill. It's awesome. I want one. I can't wait to have a house so I can have my very own grill. We gave it the inaugural shakedown later that day for their 4th of July BBQ, and everything came out perfectly. No charcoal casing around frozen meat anymore! It was fun to hang out with my cousins again, especially since one of them just got engaged. Soon we'll be back to only having one Emily Bever in the family again. I was supposed to swing by Tommy's after the BBQ, but as usual with my family, everything started late and then ran long, so by the time I was ready to leave, it was already 9:30, fireworks were going off, and I was ready for bed.
On Saturday, Emily and I finally watched the 40 Year Old Virgin, which was pretty funny. Made me excited for Kevin Smith's new movie, also with Seth Rogan and Elizabeth Banks. Feeling a little Steve Carrelled-out, we elected to go see WALL-E instead of Get Smart later that day after getting my mom a slick new Instinct too. Sunday was a lot more lazy on my part. Emily cleaned house most of the day (I helped a little) while I mostly lay on the couch in my pajamas watching the men's championship from Wimbledon. I rarely watch tennis, but it turns out that I picked a hell of a match to pay attention to. By the time it finally ended, I was exhausted just from watching and putting up with the multiple rain delays.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker