« Home | I've been meaning to post this for a while now. T... » | Anderson Cooper 360: Blog Archive - Student Loan N... » | Dear Activision and/or Metallica,Why does Guitar H... » | 5 minutes of automated voice prompts and 5 minutes... » | Does anyone have any info on sleep patterns? More... » | Friday morning at 8:55, I got a phone call from BO... » | Also, I'm sure you've noticed that I've been posti... » | Things have been busy busy busy. We close on our ... » | MLS# FX6963506, you're all mine! Er, ours!After s... » | On Super bowl weekend, I found a house a really li... »



Remember the Lexus commercial I railed about a couple years back? The one where they drop a car from 4000 feet while another car on the ground moving at top speed tried to out run it? The one that didn't seem right and I tried (miserably) to prove it wouldn't work that way? Well, fortunately for me, Mythbusters is the greatest show on TV, and proved this past week on their Demolition Derby super-episode that this commercial is impossible. The dropped car fell more-or-less wheels down most of the way (highest possible drag) and still hit the ground a full 2 seconds before the car on the ground reached the same point. Simulations are no match for real-world experimentation and the Discovery Channel just made Lexus look like chumps.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker