« Home | MLS# FX6963506, you're all mine! Er, ours!After s... » | On Super bowl weekend, I found a house a really li... » | I think I broke my face (sinus cavity) like Anquan... » | "Who throws a shoe? Honestly! You fight like a wo... » | Happy Go-To-Hell-Phil Day! Apaprently, a pampered ... » | If this isn't pronounced coo-GAR, I don't know wha... » | I suppose all this CHANGE nonsense has some truth ... » | Rapid Update:The rest of my holiday was fun. Emil... » | Worst Idea Ever. Almost as bad as trying to drive... » | This guy's various videos to the tune of movie the... »



Things have been busy busy busy. We close on our house tomorrow, which I have to admit I'm more than a little nervous about. I've been told by everyone on our end that everything is in place and good to go. So despite several panic attacks over the last week, I'm trying to remain calm and just expect that everything is going to work out smoothly. We're in the process of securing movers for next weekend (at 27, I'm totally over lifting everything I own into and out of a truck), and scouring craigslist for some decent used furniture to fill in the gaps in our current hodepodge collection.
Work has me swamped, both literally and figuratively. But at least I'm being well compensated for my efforts and I really feel like I'm beginning (after almost 6 months) to get a handle on what it is I'm doing. I think other people are starting to realize that too and are giving me more leeway to do things on my own as well as additional responsibilities. Not to mention the 10% pay raise that I recently got! As for the literally swamped part, I spent the last week of February at a lake in central Florida about an hour northwest of Orlando doing some array testing. The handful of things I wanted to test worked out great, so for my part, the trip was a complete success. For everyone else involved, the trip was a complete failure. This new design they're testing was bound to have issues, and I can't believe that they got the Navy to buy off on it before it was fully tested and agree to put in an order to support all future boats. That's downright scary. So while I feel bad for the other parties, at the same time, initial failure is probably the best longterm result for the Navy because it destroys this other guy's credibility, preventing him from making dangerous decisions like this in the future.
On the other hand, the weather was superb down there all week, and there was a lot of hurry up and wait situations, so I got to enjoy the scenery, wildlife, and clean fresh air. I even had an opportunity to swing back down to Orlando to see Brian, Matt, Tim, and Margaret for dinner. unfortunately, I wasn't well enough organized to work something out with Nikki also, which is too bad. I owe her better than that since she was one of the few friends who came to my wedding. Anyway, we had dinner at Cuba Libre on International Drive, which was pretty good food, though very slow and slightly overpriced. Emily and I have been talking off and on about going to Disney World before we have kids. I haven't been since I was in 3rd grade and I don't think Emily's been since high school. Maybe next winter when we've recouped some of our downpayment...

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker