« Home | It's at least twice as hard to get out of bed when... » | IamLygos: I would be glad to own a Hojillion dolla... » | Oh, and speaking of war, naturally, plenty of peop... » | I gotta give W some credit for his speech last nig... » | You know how sometimes when you're really tired, t... » | can you tell I'm bored? I'm trying to kill time u... » | So this whole worm thing that shut down BOA's ATMs... » | The worst part about a Pentium 75 with 24Mb of ram... » | I've decided the thing I hate most about working i... » | Props to Courtney, who got her Monroe (aka Madonna... »



So Coke apparently has some great new busienss plan that it's implementing effective Monday. And new business plan means firing people. Accordign to the Executrive Office Memorandum, 1000 people in the North American group (which includes my department) will be laid off today, including 500 from Coke's Atlanta offices. Am I worried? No. I don't get paid enough to be worth firing. You'd have to fire 3 co-ops to equal the savings from firing one middle-manager. And I'm pretty sure we're more useful. On the other hand, having the rest of the semester off would be pretty nice. Here's to unemployment benefits and severance packages... I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll be one of the 1000.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker