« Home | Tonight's going to be one of those nights where I ... » | Adam's Lesson of the Day: staying up until 2:45 a... » | shout out to Alcivar who finally got a job!!!! ho... » | holy crap. i haven't played my bass in probably 6... » | Skye rocks my world oh so very hard: skyejax99 (1:... » | I wish Skye wasn't gone this weekend, I wanted to ... » | Stupid dirty next door neighbors having a stupid p... » | in the near future I am planning to write an artic... » | you know what rocks? smoked turkey and swiss chee... » | Holy shit... have you seen that new show on ABC??... »



How can driving during the day be so stressful and driving at night be so relaxing? Something about the cool night air and my new Spitvalves record blaring just lets my mind wander. I mean, obviously I'm paying attention to the road and all, but I'm not thinking about what I'm doing, you know? Like, how when you first learn to drive stick you have to focus on what you're doing every time you have to shift and after a while it just becomes second nature. (Then you get in an automatic and you have to force yoruself to focus on not trying to shift.) But yeah, it's like that where you don't really need to pay attention to driving, only to where you're going, and when where you're going is nowhere in particular and there's no other cars around, you only need to be careful enough not to run into a fence or blow through a stop light. Your brain can handle that stuff on its own, it's instinct. So while that small part of your brain is making sure you keep breathing and operating your automobile, the rest of your mind can just coast. It's so nice to just be cruising up Peachtree Industrial or Atlanta Rd while your brain is off on a completely separate adventure. I feel so much better now than I have in weeks. God bless driving.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker