« Home | Well, the unthinkable has happened. Yes, that's r... » | This sums it up pretty well, if only I had the gra... » | The most unlikely referrer link I've had yet: Para... » | Yet more good news: My parents' 25th wedding anni... » | More small-step-in-the-right-direction good news: ... » | Good news: I heard from Emily on Friday and it ma... » | I guess I should probably go eat something. I've ... » | To make matters worse today, they already filled t... » | I've been a disaster since I woke up today. Yeste... » | So I'm back from Savannah. I said goodbye to Emil... »



I earned my dinner tonight! John and Tommy have had the same problem with 3 separate lawnmowers of the same model. It's a self propelling mower and would work for a little while, then stop propelling. The engine would still run and the blade would cut, so really there was nothing preventing John from mowing the lawn, but you know how it is when you buy something brand new, all the features are supposed to work. So first he accidentally put diesel in the tank instead of unleaded today. After we got that drained and filled with unleaded and let the oily exhaust burn off for a few minutes, he went to work mowing. Until the wheels stopped turning again. So I went to investigate and dissasembled some things untilI found the problem. A wayward rubber band, presumably installed at the factory to keep things from shifting while in shipment, had gotten jammed into the drive pulley and then caught on a metal piece, thereby preventing the drive wheels from turning. So I removed the rubberband, and voila! Mower all fixed. So now I feel like I've actually done something useful today. Besides talking to Emily on the phone of course. ;) That was very useful for my spirits and is always a good motivator to keep looking for work. But fixing my uncle's mower has earned me a steak I'm quite certain.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker