« Home | This is part of the reason for a trip to Fairfax: ... » | Advance Notice:I will be in the Fairfax area from ... » | Insomnia, my arch-nemesis, has struck again... *s... » | I earned my dinner tonight! John and Tommy have h... » | Well, the unthinkable has happened. Yes, that's r... » | This sums it up pretty well, if only I had the gra... » | The most unlikely referrer link I've had yet: Para... » | Yet more good news: My parents' 25th wedding anni... » | More small-step-in-the-right-direction good news: ... » | Good news: I heard from Emily on Friday and it ma... »



On Friday night, there was a lock-in deal at my uncle's family's church for their youth group. So John and Lindsay, having just finished school, were very excited. John more so than anyone else, because they were going to play laser tag and go cosmic bowling. Well, John managed to bang his knee against a wall pretty hard and when I went to go pick them up at 2 AM it was all swollen. [Side note: I went to go pick them up at 2 AM because 1) my uncle just got home from a business trip in NY at 11 pm after leaving that same morning for NY at 5 AM and 2) they're leaving for France on Wednesday, and he didn't want his kids staying up all night and getting sick.] So John's knee had gotten quite swollen when I got up and by 6 PM Saturday, his knee was burning up, reddish, and quite puffy, and he was running a fever of 102. So it was off to the hospital where he was admitted with a rather nasty staph infection. How do you get a staph infection from banging your knee into a wall?? In any case, he's not doing so hot, and I know he's bummed that he probably won't get to go to France now and he was really looking forward to it. Poor kid. :(

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker