« Home | From my nightly job discussion with my uncle:TOM: ... » | On the plus side, my basement room stays quite dar... » | The problem with insomnia is laying in bed once I'... » | I've had a busy day knocking out things on my to-d... » | Whoo! Now to swing by Home Depot for a piece of p... » | Since I've finished Broken Summers, I wanted to ci... » | One of my favorite movies is on TBS right now. As... » | Things to do this week in Atlanta: Get a frame fo... » | Accomplishments of the past week in Fairfax: Gett... » | Transportation woes: Dulles is sooo messed up now... »



Adam's Beef of the Day: I found this shampoo in the bathroom closet that claims to have a Dual Silicone System. This intrigued me, so I looked at the ingredients list.

Water - H2O
Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate - CH3(CH2)10CH2OSO3NH4
Ammonium Laureth Sulfate - CH3(CH2)10CH2(OCH2CH2)3OSO3NH4
Cocamide MEA - contains C, O, H, N
Glycol Distearate - CH3(CH2)16COOCH2CHOHCH2OH
Dimethiconol - not specified, but I know it's silicon based
Ammonium Xylenesulfonate - contains S, O, H, N
Glycerin - CH2(OH)CH(OH)CH2OH
Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride - C6H16NO2.xCl.xUnspecified
Octyl Methoxycinnamate - C18H26O3
Triethanolamine - C6H15NO3
Disodium EDTA - C10H16N2O8.2Na
Citric Acid - C6H8O7
Methylparaben - C8H8O3
Propylparaben - C10H12O3
DMDM Hydantoin - C7H12N2O4
Fragrance - not an active ingredient, so who cares what's in it?


So, not counting the fragrances (which is unlikely to have silicone anyway), only one ingredient has silicone in it. Does their "Dual" Silicone System come from the fact that it's dimethiconol? What a rip. Fun info available here and chemical formulas came from here.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker