« Home | My dad got home safe and sound from Afghanistan to... » | My interview(s) today went great! I'm fairly conf... » | Well, I'm off to Home Depot for materials to make ... » | The Contour is now effectively my car. Everything... » | Just finished Song of Susannah. 15 days after I b... » | This calls for a huzzah: In one day in Fairfax, I... » | Got up at 6 am this morning to go sit at Main Stre... » | My 4-word review of Fahrenheit 9/11: Fuck the Bus... » | Nothing says "I have no social life" like going to... » | The new Age of Ruin record: dude. Why are they s... »



Job seach update: my interview this morning with Casipit went really well. He seems to genuinely think that I would make a good teacher, so I told him that pending the outcome of my other interviews, he could go ahead and start recommending me for openings and I could start interviewing with the necessary principals and their staffs. My other interview this afternoon was much less of a success. It was, in fact, aborted. From the house to Tyson's Corner, a trip which normally takes 15-20 minutes, took an hour and 15 minutes. After the beltway was a parking lot I tried to weave through Vienna on 123 only to get stuck because of backups on 66, 123, route 7, and so forth. I only made it 1/4 to a 1/3 of the way to Rockville where my interview was. And at the current rate of travel, it would have been at least 3:00 before I reached my 1:30 interview, so we rescheduled for next week. What does this mean? It means I will be on my way to see Emily on Monday!! Then I'll be coming back up here on Wednesday for a rescheduled interview, and to be in the area in case I am needed for anything else with General Dynamics or FCPS, or if another interview comes along. So, yes, this afternoon was a bummer, but it means I get to go meet Emily at the airport, and spend more time with my dad. So in the end I think it's worked out pretty favorably.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker