« Home | So rumors have been going around for the past 3 we... » | I haven't taken my allergy medicine the last 2 day... » | I don't care what Ben says, I still think this is ... » | Having Emily around is great. =) I mean, besides ... » | Walking out of my apartment this morning was like ... » | Madagascar = hilarious. » | Happy friday! Also, happy Donut Day! I wish I ha... » | I heard about this on NPR this morning. Talk abou... » | So here's what's been happening:My dad had to leav... » | I feel like crap. I haven't slept this poorly in ... »



Time for some quick and terrifying math!

Approximate yield of the Hiroshima atomic bomb: 15 kilotons
Approximate yield of the United States' W88 warhead: 475 kilotons
Number of independently-targetable W88 warheads per Trident II missile: 8
Number of Trident II missles on an SSBN submarine: 24

475*8*24 = 91.2 megatons of destructive force, enough to destroy about 6000 cities the size of Hiroshima in 1945, all on-board one submarine about the same size as the Washington Monument.

I feel safer now, how about you? *shiver*

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker